Form 5500 Services
All Form 5500 Services data and forms are electronically stored for later reference. The documents also include a date and time stamp of the original filing and any subsequent re-filings.
- Innovative solution allows clients to sign Form 5500 with the click of a button, or can be signed electronically on their behalf.
- Can pull the client’s previous-year filing from the DOL database, using the client’s EIN, in order to simplify the entry of information. Can be pulled in batch (in the case of multiple plans) for quick and easy access.
- Can upload information for Form 5500 in either .csv and .xml format.
- Workflow can be tracked for assigned plan administrators, including e-signature status tracking and tracking of submission to and acceptance by the DOL.
Form 5500 Services cover all required Form 5500 Series forms and schedules for employee welfare benefit plans, as follows:
- Form 5500;
- Form 5500-SF;
- Form 5500-EZ;
- Schedule A – Insurance Information;
- Schedule C – Service Provider Information;
- Other welfare benefit plan schedules as required;
- SAR – Summary Annual Report.
Processing; Filing; Timeframe
The estimated timeframe from (1) receipt of all information required to complete the Form 5500 to (2) filing of the Form 5500, is five (5) business days.
- Company provides the following information for each employee welfare benefit plan:
- Plan Sponsor’s name;
- Plan Sponsor’s EIN/TIN.
- Download from the DOL database the most recent Form 5500 filing.
- Request from Company any additional required information.
- Company submits the requested information to PBS.
- Prepare the Form 5500, based on the information downloaded from the DOL database and the additional information provided by Company.
- Send the completed Form 5500 to the Plan Administrator for review and approval.
- Upon review and approval by the Plan Administrator, either the Plan Administrator electronically signs the Form 5500 and forwards it to PBS for filing, or we electronically signs the Form 5500 based on the proper delegation of authority from the Plan Administrator. We then electronically files the Form 5500.
- Obtain confirmation of successful filing and provides same to the Plan Administrator.
- If the filing is unsuccessful, we consult with Company to correct any defects, and repeats Steps 6-9.